Zach Lawrence, Dev Technology Senior IT System Administrator, joins Adam D’Angelo to talk about a preparing for the AWS Solution Architect Associate Exam as well as some of the unique considerations for development in the cloud environment. Zach and Adam discuss the following:
* AWS Solution Architect exam prep tips including the importance of understanding the vocabulary, using practice tests to prepare, and the importance of practicing with VPCs
* The importance of understanding the formal features of AWS for making tradeoff decisions
* How architecting in the cloud changes the way you think about developing a solution—the underlying infrastructure is essential to leveraging the benefits of the cloud
* Using different locations for latency tradeoffs
* The importance of hands on learning
* Selecting cloud native vs cloud agnostic functionality
* Security on-prem vs the cloud
* Avoiding vendor lock-in
Contact John and Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions for future episodes.
Visit www.devtechnology.com to learn more about Dev Technology.