Zach Lawrence, Dev Technology Senior IT System Administrator, joins Adam D’Angelo to talk about a preparing for the AWS Solution Architect Associate Exam as well as some of the unique considerations for development in the cloud environment. Zach and Adam discuss the following.
- AWS Solution Architect exam prep tips including the importance of understanding the vocabulary, using practice tests to prepare, and the importance of practicing with VPCs
- The importance of understanding the formal features of AWS for making tradeoff decisions
- How architecting in the cloud changes the way you think about developing a solution—the underlying infrastructure is essential to leveraging the benefits of the cloud
- Using different locations for latency tradeoffs
- The importance of hands on learning
- Selecting cloud native vs cloud agnostic functionality
- Security on-prem vs the cloud
- Avoiding vendor lock-in
Contact John and Adam at email@example.com with your questions for future episodes.
Visit www.devtechnology.com to learn more about Dev Technology.
Posted by Dev Technology Group.