Join our Team
Summer DevOps Internat Dev Technology
Dev Technology is a growing IT company with an employee-centric culture that works on mission-critical projects for the federal government. We partner with our federal customers to deliver technology services and solutions, and to drive our client’s missions forward through innovation. We use Agile and DevSecOps principles to provide services including application development, biometrics and identity management, cloud and infrastructure optimization, IT and legacy modernization, and data management.
As a Washington Post Top Workplace award winner for the past seven years, the Top Workplaces USA in 2021, and a recipient of the Companies As Responsive Employers (CARE) Award two years in a row, Dev Technology employees enjoy:
- Generous and flexible time off policy, new for 2021
- Flexible work schedules and telework options
- Career development opportunities including a mentorship program, technical and management training through Dev University, hands-on learning through DevLab, tuition reimbursement, and paid training opportunities
- Industry-leading benefits including a choice of two health plans that include dental and vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, life insurance, and more
- 401K matching with immediate vesting and end of year profit sharing
- Regular team and company social events including our annual party, happy hours, fitness challenges, and more
- A focus on community engagement including companywide support activities, employer match for donations, and time off for volunteer efforts
- To learn more about working at Dev Technology visit, Learn About A Day At Dev Technology
Summer DevOps Intern, #268
Dev Technology Group is seeking talented rising seniors for our Summer 2021 Internship Program. This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking professional experience in DevOps.
What You'll Be Doing:
Dev interns will work on a dynamic software development project in support of our internal IT and innovation initiatives. This is an opportunity to contribute to improving software development outcomes for our organizations many projects, and to observe and participate in many aspects of an Agile software development. Interns will also work on a technical intern project with the rest of the internship team.
- Attend all planning meetings, such as daily stand up, planning, review, and retro.
- Work with fellow Summer Interns on a technically focused project and present the groups' results to the executive team at the end of the program. Past projects have included creating a mentorship web application and planning a hack-a-thon.
- Working with an agile team to setup and configure cloud-based environments.
- Design and develop secure cloud system architectures in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in design meetings with the team.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Attend corporate level meetings to learn about other areas of the business, such as business development, finance, and project management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Rising seniors working toward a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Completed coursework in Java or other object-oriented programming
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
- Familiar with a variety of databases and data storage technologies
- Love for technology (especially software) and all the good it can do for people and processes
- The ability to work collaboratively, openly, and with high levels of communication
- A desire to learn new skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team with developers providing guidance and support
- The ability to follow through on tasks to completion
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Services preferred
- Experience with building CI/CD systems like Jenkins preferred
- Experience with source control systems especially GIT preferred
- Experience with Linux operating systems preferred
* Our Dev internship program is prepared to run remotely in the event of continued COVID-19 safety protocols. Dev’s corporate culture fosters continuous opportunities for learning and development; innovation and resilience are two of our core values.
Over 20 years ago Dev Technology began providing IT solutions to meet the mission-critical needs of the federal government by exceeding our clients’ expectations through partnership, a commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and valuing our employees. Dev Technology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Equal employment opportunity will be applied to all phases of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline and termination. To learn more about working at Dev Technology visit A Day at Dev Technology.