The Washington Post has announced the rankings of the top 200 best places to work in the Washington D.C. area, ranking Dev Technology at #17 in the midsize business category. This is Dev Technology’s seventh year in a row receiving this award.
These rankings are a result of the Washington Post’s seventh annual Top Workplaces survey, which is based on a scientific survey of employees who rate their workplace culture. The Post partnered with Philadelphia-based Energage to administer the surveys and rank the Washington area’s Top Workplaces. Employers that score high enough are recognized as Top Workplaces. Employers are categorized by size, and they are ranked within those size groups (small, midsize, large, and largest) to accurately compare results.
The employee engagement survey of 24 questions gathers responses regarding issues related to workplace culture:
- Alignment: where the company is headed, its values, cooperation, effective meetings
- Coaching: managers care about concerns, are helpful, encourage employee development
- Connection: employees feel appreciated, work is meaningful, working at full potential, clued in to each other
- Engagement: productivity, retention, recruiting
- Leadership: confidence in company leaders
- Performance: execution, open-mindedness, innovation, clued-in leadership
- The Basics: pay, benefits, flexibility, training, expectations
“It was exciting to see Dev Technology move up on the list this year,” stated Kendall Holbrook, Dev Technology Chief Executive Officer. “Maintaining our culture as we grow is a priority for me, and it is good to receive affirmation that the changes we make are positive and that our team members feel supported.”
“This award belongs to each and every Dev Technology employee,” stated Emma Antonios, Dev Technology Director of Human Resources. “Our employees genuinely enjoy coming to work every day and contributing to our unique culture. We value the feedback we receive from our teams through this survey process, and we have learned over the years how important a positive environment is for talent recruitment, retention, and engagement. Because of this, Dev Technology is constantly looking for ways to build and sustain our culture and enhance our employee experience, and this process helps us do that.”
The full list of winners and their rankings from the 2020 Washing Post Top Workplaces survey can be found here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/business/top-workplaces/