Reston, VA—June 26, 2014—The Washington Post has named Dev Technology Group, Inc. as one of its Top Workplaces for 2014. This was the Washington Post’s inaugural year in identifying the best places to work in the Washington D.C. area.
Partnered with WorkplaceDynamics, an employee survey firm, The Washington Post invited 1,672 companies to participate, and they surveyed employees at 244 of them, representing 74,773 people in the Washington D.C. area. The surveys included questions covering how employees view their job, the quality of leadership, pay and benefits practices, work-life balance, and more. Based on these results, the Washington Post and WorkplaceDynamics named the top companies, ranking Dev Technology at #31 out of the top 80 small business finalists.
“Our company’s participation in the survey was a valuable tool to find out what we were doing well and what needed improvement in the eyes of our employees,” stated Susie Sylvester, Dev Technology CEO. “Being selected as a Top Workplace is an honor as it affirms that our employees appreciate the culture that we have put in place and reinforce every day. We spend so much of our life at work, I’m proud that our employees enjoy their work family while supporting the important missions of our clients.”
Comments from the employee survey showed that employees feel supported and cared for by senior management, respect and enjoy their coworkers, and appreciate the company’s values and ethics. Highlights of Dev Technology’s offerings to employees include the following.
- Choice of 3 different health plans
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a 4 percent match from the company as well as a profit-sharing plan
- Employee referral bonuses and service awards
- Flexible working options including the ability to set working hours, telework, and select to work from the Reston or DC offices based on project needs
- Educational assistance up to $2,000 to eligible employees for tuition and required books for job related courses, and the ability to take specific training that aligns to project needs
- Fitness initiatives including weekly yoga classes at the corporate office
- Caring company culture
About Dev Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 1998, Dev Technology Group is a woman-owned, small disadvantaged business (WOSB, SDB) delivering information technology services and solutions that protect and serve American citizens. Over half of Dev Technology’s work supports multiple components within the Department of Homeland Security. Other Departments supported include Justice, Defense, Agriculture, Energy, and Treasury. Dev Technology specializes in web-based application development and system modernization, database consulting services, biometric capture and integration solutions, and BMC Remedy and infrastructure management solutions. Dev Technology has been assessed at CMMI-DEV Level 2, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization, and is a recipient of multiple industry awards for innovation and growth.